Interviews are a very crucial stage in the recruitment process. In this stage, the candidate’s practical skills are tested. When it comes to freshers jobs, interviews are the opportunities for the candidate to showcase their skills and professional interest. It is very critical to be well-prepared for an interview. So in this blog, we will delve into the concepts of how to face interviews and ace it as a Fresher.
Why is it necessary to perform well in a Job interview?
An interview is generally referred to as a one-on-one conversation between an interviewer and the candidate. During an interview, the hiring manager will get to know whether the applicant’s skills and personality meet the job’s requirements. The way you answer in the interview will help them to assess your skills and abilities to know whether you are the desired candidate for the job position and also to recognize your potential. With the answer you provide during the interview, the recruiters differentiate you from other candidates and know how unique you are from others.
How to prepare for an interview?
Listed below are some of the tips for how to prepare for interview questions.
- Research about the company: Generally, candidates only look at the information provided on the official website of the respective company. But there is a lot to learn about the company from multiple sources. Research about the job opportunities offered by the company from its official website. Make sure that you are well aware of the company. Gaining more knowledge about the company will help you to answer questions like, “What do you know about our company?”. Giving a positive and clear answer to this question will make a positive impression on you with the interviewer.
- Prepare an updated Resume: Resume is very important to communicate about your qualifications and skills to the hiring manager. The first thing the hiring manager will ask for is your Resume. So make sure that you have a clear and updated resume when you attend an interview.
- Prepare to tell about yourself: Always remember that most of the interviews start with the question, “Tell me about yourself”. This is the way a hiring manager will begin the interview. So always make sure that you answer this question well.
- Know your interests regarding the job role: The second question will be,“ Why are you interested in this position?”, and this is one of the very important questions. The hiring manager will recognize your interest in this position with the answer that you are going to give to this question. So make sure that you learn a few key factors about the job role that are well aligned with your skills and interests that makes you so excited for this job role. Make sure that you tell the interviewer about your interests that are relevant to the job position. This will show them that you are genuinely interested in the Job position.
- Salary research: Do a little research about the salary package offered for the position you are interested in. This will help you to give an appropriate response when the hiring manager asks you about your salary exceptions.
- Don’t memorize common interview question answers: It is very important to familiarize yourself with common interview question answers during the preparation for interview, but don’t memorize them. Prepare them by noting down a few notes or bullet points.
- Prepare questions that you will ask them: Most of the interviewers will wrap up the interview sessions with “Do you have any questions to ask?”. You should definitely have some questions to ask at that time. Always make sure that you add those questions during your interview preparation and also ensure that those questions are specifically about the job role and Company and avoid asking about the salary package. The Hiring Manager will definitely ask, “Do you have any questions to ask?”. You have to ask some questions at that time. So at that time, you can ask questions related to the company and job role. These questions can help you to have better clarity about the company and the job role.
- Prepare for some brain-teasers: These types of questions won’t come often. But when the interviewer raises a question like this, be patient and confident while answering. The interviewers ask these questions because they want to test your critical thinking skills.
- Prepare for Technical Skill test: If you are going to attend a Technical interview or you are told that you will be asked about Technical skills in the interview, make sure that you prepare well for it. Your Technical knowledge also plays a vital role in your interview.
- Soft skills: Recruiters pay special attention to your soft skills, such as problem-solving, teamwork, communication, etc. So make sure that you tell them when they ask about your skills and abilities.
The above tips will equip you to prepare and perform in the interview. We will explore the steps that have to be taken to ace an interview in the upcoming topics.
Zoho offers a lot of job opportunities for freshers. Candidates can visit Zoho Jobs For Freshers to apply for job roles that are aligned with their skills and abilities.
Some common interview questions
Listed below are some common interview questions that may help you with your preparation for interview.
- Tell me about Yourself.
- What do you know about this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are you interested in this job role?
- How to deal with a stressful situation?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- Why do you want to work for this Company?
- Can you work with a team?
How to ace an interview?
Listed below are some of the additional interview tips that will help you to ace the interview.
- Groom yourself: When you dress for a Job interview, make sure that your outfit is formal. Your outfit always plays a vital role in making a strong impression on you with the interviewer.
- Good body language: Maintain good body language throughout the interview session. The hiring manager will notice every single move of yours, such as the way you talk, walk, maintain eye contact, etc. Even the way you sit and handshake also possesses your Confidence.
- Be polite: Always maintain a polite tone when you communicate with the interviewer. Wish the interviewer once you enter the room. Don’t forget to thank the interviewer once the interview is over.
- Be confident: Maintain eye contact when you interact with the interviewer. Avoid stuttering while communicating, and make sure that you have a flawless interaction with the interviewer. This will showcase your confidence level to the interviewer.
- Good Communication skills: One of the vital aspects in soft skills is communication. It is very important to have flawless communication between the interviewer and the candidate during an interview. Your communication skills play a very important role in showcasing your confidence level. Use very few hand gestures when you communicate with the interviewer.
- Have all the requirements: Make sure you have all the requirements that are needed for the interview. This will show your seriousness and how responsible you are.
- Be punctual: Don’t be late for an interview at any cause. That will make a bad impression on you with the interviewer. If you are late to the interview, you won’t have enough time to recall the answers that you have prepared during the preparation for the interview, and that will make you nervous. So make sure that you are on time during an interview.
- Be honest: Be honest with your answers in the interview session. This issue will be faced by a candidate when the interviewer asks, “What are your Strengths and Weaknesses?” Most of the candidates answer this question by only telling about their strengths and not telling about their weaknesses. Don’t ever say that “You don’t have any weakness”, no one can be without weakness. Instead, pick a weakness and turn it into a strength that is related to the respective job role. For example, “I am a little impatient, that’s because I want to complete the given task perfectly on time”.
- Handle a tough question patiently: When you feel like you can’t answer the question right away, take a deep breath and politely ask the interviewer if you can get back to the question later. It is better if you build up your confidence for an easier question and return back to this tough one later.
- Brief and informative answer: Make sure that your is short yet informative. A long answer probably won’t look good when it comes to answering for an interview.
If you’re interested in finding job opportunities in Mumbai, explore the latest job vacancies in the city. Click on fresher job openings in Mumbai to discover relevant positions that align with your skills and interests.
So interviews are a critical stage in the recruitment process. It is an opportunity provided for you to possess your job skills and abilities. So it is very important to perform well in the interview to make a positive impression about you to the interviewer. So in this blog, we explored how to prepare for an interview question and how to ace it.