The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruiting agency for Group ‘A’ officers of Government of India under union government civil services.
UPSC is scheduled to hire Public Relations Officer 2022 Across India. The interested candidates and job seekers can go through the jobs alert posted by UPSC. The application process details, selection process, hiring criteria, and educational qualification for UPSC Government jobs 2022 are described below.
UPSC Forest Service Exam
Exam Name: Indian Forest Service Examination
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: Best in Industry
Total Vacancies: 150 posts
Age Limit: 21 to 32 Years
Last Date: 22 Feb 2022
UPSC Forest Service Exam – Detailed Eligibility
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects like Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by Government.
Relaxations in upper Age Limit
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates (13 years for OBC, 15 years for SC/ST)
- Others as per Govt rules.
UPSC Forest Service Exam Selection Process
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
- The civil services examination will have an objective type round for the selection of candidates.
- The Indian Forest Service Examination will have both Written and Interview for various services and posts.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type and carry a maximum of 400 marks.
- This is just a screening test only, the marks obtained in the screening round are declared qualified for the main exam.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Minimum qualifying marks
The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The Main Examination will have a written examination and an interview test.
- All the question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type.
- All question papers must be answered in English. Question papers will be set in English only.
- The duration of each of the papers will be of three hours.
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part will be qualified for personality test.
- Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
- Paper-I: General English
- Paper-II: General Knowledge
- Papers III, IV, V and VI: Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects
Application Fee: Rs. 100/-
Note: No fee for SC/ST/PH/Female candidates
Mode of Payment
- Offline mode by depositing the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or
- The online mode by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to Apply for UPSC Forest Service Exam 2021?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this freshers jobs position online at (www.upsconline.nic.in) website on or before 22 February 2022.